Sunday, February 21, 2010

Rainy Sunday

Well today it is POURING in central Arkansas. I mean it literally hasn't stopped all day. I should have known this was coming because we had three sunny, 60 degree days in a row. Just when I feel like Spring is almost here, rain and coldness return. Boo!

Anyway I did manage to have a wonderful weekend though. Friday night we had an at home date night since we were both exhausted after a long week. Ordered a cheese pizza and cuddled up on the couch to watch the Olympics. (we're both obsessed!) Saturday morning we got up and went to Little Rock. We had a wonderful lunch at Big Whiskey's in the River Market and then we went to the Arkansas Arts Center to see the mummy exhibit. Yes we are those nerds who enjoy art centers and museum exhibits. I've been to some of the most famous museums in the world (The Louvre, the Vatican, the Smithsonian's just to name a few!) so I love getting the chance to broaden my horizons whenever possible. I also have a slight obsession with Egyptian history. So anyway that was pretty interesting to us. We actually listened to a 30 min lecture on the mummification process before we went in to see the exhibit. (Once again, nerdy I know) After we left the Arts Center we drove back to Conway and had a relaxing night at home once again watching the Olympics. And today since theres a downpour outside I did homework for 5 hours (ugh!), got a workout in, and caught up on my magazine reading :) I have a slight love affair with magazines. I think I read around 8 different ones a month. Gotta have my InStyle, Glamour, Allure, Marie Claire, Southern Living, Shape, Self, Women's Health, and the list can go on and on. Wow. Does anyone else read this many or more magazines every month? So all in all in was a much needed relaxing weekend. Those are the kind that go by way to fast though :(

So this upcoming week is a pretty busy one for me. Sorry if I don't blog much. I have two tests, three papers, and one project. Keep me and my sanity in your prayers!

No comments: