Sunday, February 28, 2010
Saturday was definitely a better day though. Gabe and I got up and had brunch together at Starbucks. Yes all those breakfast sandwiches on their menu look delish, but I generally stick with the oatmeal and add the dried fruit. Especially if I'm splurging on a White Chocolate Mocha. After eating we drove around and looked at houses for about two hours. I have some interior design classes and my homework this weekend was to drive around and take pictures of 15 different styles of houses. It was alot of fun since we got to explore alot of the older neighborhoods that have some very interesting architecture. We grocery shopped in the afternoon and I studied for my upcoming Anatomy test. Saturday night we met some of Gabe's co workers at La Huerta for dinner and drinks and then went to watch Shutter Island. I have been dying to see this movie since I saw the first preview last summer. It lived up to its hype for me. It's one of those movies that you are literally in deep thought the entire time just trying to figure out what the heck is going on! It's definitely a movie I plan on buying when it comes out on DVD.
Today we got up pretty early and made breakfast together. After that I cleaned and caught up on our piled up laundry. I don't understand how two people go through so many clothes in just a week. It's beyond me. Since the weather is FINALLY starting to get nice, we went for a run and it was AMAZING! I have been dying to get out of the house for some sun and fresh air so today was much needed. Now Gabe's gone to play soccer with his co workers and I'm about to start studying for my Nutrition test I have tomorrow. I love this Nutrition class I'm taking this semester because it's centered around contemporary issues so we study supplements, popular fad diets, and the growing obesity epidemic. I wish nutrition courses were grouped in with gen eds because I really think that everyone could benefit from being a little more educated in this area.
Anyway, I hope everyone else had a lovely weekend!
Friday, February 26, 2010
2. I'm going to get my foot x-rayed today to see if it's broken. Yes I said broken and yes I'm still working out. I'm a woman obsessed I can't help it! Of course I've been taking it easy this week and I haven't worn heels once. I have no clue what I did to my poor foot, but what I do know is it hurts and it's really uncomfortable. Good thing my bf's dad can give me an x-ray at his office for free! :)
3. Since we're having to go to Heber tonight for the x-ray, date night is postponed until tommorow. I'm not sure what we're doing yet, but I can't wait! Date nights my favorite night of the week!
4. It's still freezing cold here and Spring fever has kicked in full force. I just keep dreaming about colorful, pretty clothes and being able to spend time out doors! February is coming to an end and still no warm weather in sight! What's going on here?!?!
That's really all I have today. Sorry this is such a boring post. I'm having a case of bloggers block today. Have a good weekend ya'll!
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
3. L'oreal HIP eye shadow duo in Gilded. I love these eye shadows because unlike most drugstore brands they actually have alot of pigment in them and have some really fun color choices. If you like MAC eye shadows, you should try these.
5. Last but certainly not least we have a classic. NARS blush in Orgasm. I swear this peachy pink color looks good on EVERYBODY. My little sister who has fair skin and dark hair and eyes looks great in it. I have blonde hair, medium tan skin, and blue eyes and it more than works for me. I've been using this for a little over a year and I don't think I will ever use anything else. If you only get one thing off this list, get this blush. Amazing!
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
It's METROMINT Water.
This stuff is delicious! I pretty much only drink water or tea so I'm always looking for ways to spice those drinks up a bit. I've done the lemon water to death and I don't really like those fruit flavored waters. So I was pretty stoked to find this in the natural foods section at Kroger. I love mint tea so I figured why not! Oh and it's calorie and sugar free! Wonderful! I'm in LOVE with the Spearmint flavor and....The Chocolate Mint flavor. Yep... chocolate mint water. Sounds disgusting I know. But don't knock it till you try it! It actually helps curb my sugar cravings. I'm a total chocoholic and I have to be careful not to eat an entire bag of cookies after a meal. (because I can, trust me) Anyway next time ya'll are at the grocery store you should pick some up and try it! Enjoy!
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Anyway I did manage to have a wonderful weekend though. Friday night we had an at home date night since we were both exhausted after a long week. Ordered a cheese pizza and cuddled up on the couch to watch the Olympics. (we're both obsessed!) Saturday morning we got up and went to Little Rock. We had a wonderful lunch at Big Whiskey's in the River Market and then we went to the Arkansas Arts Center to see the mummy exhibit. Yes we are those nerds who enjoy art centers and museum exhibits. I've been to some of the most famous museums in the world (The Louvre, the Vatican, the Smithsonian's just to name a few!) so I love getting the chance to broaden my horizons whenever possible. I also have a slight obsession with Egyptian history. So anyway that was pretty interesting to us. We actually listened to a 30 min lecture on the mummification process before we went in to see the exhibit. (Once again, nerdy I know) After we left the Arts Center we drove back to Conway and had a relaxing night at home once again watching the Olympics. And today since theres a downpour outside I did homework for 5 hours (ugh!), got a workout in, and caught up on my magazine reading :) I have a slight love affair with magazines. I think I read around 8 different ones a month. Gotta have my InStyle, Glamour, Allure, Marie Claire, Southern Living, Shape, Self, Women's Health, and the list can go on and on. Wow. Does anyone else read this many or more magazines every month? So all in all in was a much needed relaxing weekend. Those are the kind that go by way to fast though :(
So this upcoming week is a pretty busy one for me. Sorry if I don't blog much. I have two tests, three papers, and one project. Keep me and my sanity in your prayers!
Friday, February 19, 2010
2. Tonight is date night!!! Yay! The bf and I have both been SUPER busy this week so we've hardly spent anytime together. I'm looking forward to dinner and a movie together. I really want to go see the new Leo movie Shutter Island. Anyone else think it looks good?
3. I really really want to go to the horse races this weekend. I haven't been to Oaklawn once since the season started and the weather is actually not supposed to be freezing this weekend. Maybe I can convince the bf to go.
4. It's Lent. Which means no meat today. Isn't it funny how on Friday EVERYTHING seems to have meat in it. I hardly ever eat meat but for some reason I woke up today wanting steak for dinner tonight! Looks like we'll be having sushi or something like that though.
5. Speaking of Lent I haven't told ya'll what I gave up yet. Drum roll please.... I am giving up talking about getting engaged. Why you ask? Because I'm tired of people asking me when it's gonna happen and I feel like if I talk about it to people they feel sorry for me or something. Actually I'm quite content with Gabe and I's situation. We're very happy so people don't worry that we're not engaged yet.
6. It's FRIDAY!!! No explanation needed.
7. I have a test in two hours and I really need to study for it so I should probably quit playing around.
Hope everyone has a spectacular weekend!!!! Any big plans?
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Monday, February 15, 2010
After shopping all day we went to see the movie Valentine's Day. It was ok. Not my favorite movie but still pretty cute. My problem with it was that there were to many characters to really get a full story line in for all of them. Sunday we slept in and Gabe surprised me with breakfast in bed! Sunday night we had reservations at Mike's Place which serves really yummy Cajun food! My favorite part of the weekend though was after our dinner when we got home. Gabe and I wrote letters to each other instead of buying cards. I'm not gonna lie, I cried a little reading what he wrote me. He is the sweetest man I have ever met and he truly is my best friend. We are so lucky to have such a great relationship and it's something to be thankful for every day, not just Valentine's Day. I think sometimes its easy to just let life get in the way of your relationship. There are weeks sometimes where I feel like I don't even see Gabe, even though we live in the same apartment. But it's important to just take a step back during your busy day and let your partner know how much you love and appreciate them. Gabe and I both try to tell each other thank you for the things we do for each other every day. Even if its just taking the trash out or folding the laundry. Anyways sorry for the mushy ending to this post. I've just been a big ball of love the past few days.
Have a great Monday y'all!
Thursday, February 11, 2010
What do ya'll think? Would you pay close to $2,000 for this bag?
Another sad piece of news in the fashion industry is that the fabulous London designer Alexander McQueen died today. He was only 40 years old. The cause of death is still unknown.
Anyways, thats all for today. Have a good afternoon!
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
This would be perfect for V Day from a certain boyfriend (Hint Hint)
Pier 1 Sunflower Mirror
This would be perfect in my living room!
Christian Louboutin Pique Sandals
A beach!!! Preferably Turks and Caicos. I would give anything to be right there right now.
Monday, February 8, 2010
On days like today I'm so glad that I have an elliptical machine in my apartment because there is NO WAY I would be getting out and going to the gym right now. We've had such a rainy year that I haven't been able to go outside and run almost at all. So I found an elliptical at Academy that I told my mom to get me for Christmas. It has been AMAZING! Seriously the best present I have ever received because I really do use it every day. This is the one I got.
I needed one small enough to fit in my tiny apartment.I really would love to have a good treadmill too, but the only place I could probably put it would be my kitchen and that just seems weird :) When I have a house I plan to have a full home gym, but this works for now.
Hope everyone is staying warm today!
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Friday, February 5, 2010
Thursday, February 4, 2010
So I guess I'll start us off telling you a little bit about myself. I'm 22 years old and I'm a true southern girl! I love big hair, college football, dressing up, and sweet tea. I have an amazing boyfriend who I've been with for about 2 1/2 years. My family is wonderful and a little crazy. But trust me I wouldn't have it any other way. I attend the University of Central Arkansas where I was of course a cheerleader for 2 years. (Go Bears!) Haha I guess I will always have that cheerleader personality. Anyway, I'm a bit of a fashionista. But sadly I'm on a *gasp* BUDGET right now! I know it's terrible right? So my shopping habit has been cut down drastically lately. But a girl can still dream right?! I'm also a total beauty junkie. My bathroom drawers are filled to the brim with products. So maybe I'll be doing a little product review for ya'll soon!
That's about all I have for you today. The weather here is yucky, but we're having a family get together tonight to celebrate my little cousin signing with the Razorbacks yesterday!!!!! We're all so excited that he picked UofA because he also had an offer from LSU. So I must leave you now to go get ready and figure out how to look cute during a downpour.