Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Prom dresses sure have come a long way since my high school days. (I mean my senior prom was only 5 years ago and they look so different now). Anyway, she had a really good time and looked great! Last night, Gabe and I drove back to Conway and settled in for a night of drinking wine and watching SNL. To be honest those are my favorite kind of nights. Today has been a lazy day for me. I've just cleaned the apartment and started studying for some finals. I have a ton of projects due this week and a major presentation so I'm apologizing in advance for my lack of posts this week. I'm considering just moving my bed into the library since that's where I will be living for the next week and a half.
Friday, April 23, 2010
2. School is ruining my social life. One week of classes left then finals. After that I am seriously doing nothing but going out and sleeping late. At least for a few weeks...
3. I decided to go with Bedroom look #1 from my Wednesday post. I'm going to throw little pops of red in there.
4. When Gabe gets off work we're heading to Heber Springs to have dinner with his family. Then it's on to Searcy later tonight. I'm doing my little sister's makeup for her prom tomorrow so I'll be sure to get lots of pictures. Her dress is so cute! I want it for myself actually.
5. It's stormy here today and all it makes me want to do is crawl back in my bed and ignore my obligations.
6. We're planning a Vegas trip for my birthday this year!! But I'm starting to think Vegas in August might be a BAD idea! I mean it was pretty toasty when we went last May. Have any of ya'll been in August? Was the heat terrible?
7. Does anyone want to write a research paper on Sickle Cell Anemia for me? :) I have seriously just given in to my senior-itis.
8. I'm going to leave you with some pictures of my workout motivation. Yeah back when I was 18, a college cheerleader, and had abs. And I probably didn't even appreciate it...
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
I'm also searching for a cute dress to wear to Gabe's little sister's high school graduation in May. I checked out a few places last week but the dresses were either too casual or too dressy. I did find the one below from The Limited that might be appropriate. Not sure yet. Gabe suggested my favorite LBD from White House Black Market but it's a little too sexy for a high school graduation haha.
Monday, April 19, 2010
Saturday was Gabe's fraternity's crawfish boil. I had so much fun seeing all of my old friends and making a few new ones. We stayed out there all day and into the night. Here's a pic of me and some of my favorite girls:
Friday, April 16, 2010
2. My mom and sister are currently on their way in to town so we can do some shoe shopping for my sister's prom.
3. Tomorrow Gabe's fraternity is having an alumni crawfish boil. This will be our first year attending since Gabe graduated and went alum. I'm excited to see all of our old friends and eat some yummy crawfish!
4. What to wear to a crawfish boil.... A dilemma every year.
5. I really love that I have gotten so many new followers this week! Thank you ladies!
6. My new swimsuits that I ordered from Victoria Secret came in today! Now it's time to really up the work outs...
Okay so now for another edition of When Fashion Makes Me Sad:
Ladies let me introduce to you a huge fashion FAIL. These horrendous boots come to you compliments of Louis Vuitton. They retail for $2,080.00
Gross. First they try to get me to buy a purse that looks like a trash bag, then those weird fox tail things, now this. Yuck! Stick to the classics LV.
Anyway what are your thoughts on these shoes? Have any fun weekend plans?
Have a great afternoon and weekend ya'll!
Thursday, April 15, 2010
Also if you are a mother yourself, it might not be a bad idea to leave up the website with your favorite piece so your hubby could stumble upon it and maybe get the hint that you would love to have it. :) Trust me, this tactic works for all gift giving holidays. So does putting a picture of it on the refrigerator. (What?! I'm a woman who knows what she wants. That's not a bad thing!)
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
"Invigorates and feeds the roots with a fresh tingle for bouncy, shiny hair that's noticeably more radiant and resilient with every use.
With natural Eucalyptus and peppermint oil, this formula stimulates the scalp with a cool, tingling sensation. Massaging your scalp encourages circulation, which will wake-up healthier-looking new growth.
Gently cleans without stripping."
My verdict? LOVE. It smells wonderful and left my hair very full and soft. Didn't weight it down at all. The shampoo has a tingling sensation that is nice on those mornings when you can barely open your eyes. The conditioner is perfect for fine hair that needs some moisture buy doesn't need anything to heavy. And it costs about $6 for each. If you like Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo and Conditioner, this is a great alternative.
Next up is body wash from Johnson and Johnson. The bottles are HUGE! And cost under $5. I tried the Feeling Healthy Green Tea Body wash and it's also a LOVE! It's very creamy and moisturizing and it smells wonderful. I have nothing bad to say about this body wash. I look forward to trying the others in this line.
Have any of ya'll ever used either of these products? If so what did you think about them?
Anyway, I'm off to study for my Anatomy test that I have in the morning. Wish me luck because I certainly need it! Have a great afternoon!
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Sunday, April 11, 2010
This morning we got up, I made muffins and coffee, and we settled in to watch our church service online. Yes I know that's lazy to watch church online. It's not an every Sunday thing though. Now Gabe is playing golf and I have a clean apartment and a chocolate cake in the oven. Life is good! I'm also ignoring my homework until later because I'm just in to good of a mood to think about it. Hope ya'll had a great weekend as well!
Friday, April 9, 2010
4. I also love this EOS lip balm. I got it at walgreens for about $3 and it's addicting. I think I just like how it looks like an egg.