Tuesday, May 25, 2010
We had a wonderful weekend and made our first lake trip of the summer. Saturday we had perfect weather and the lake was just what I needed to get my mind off packing. I never take my camera to the lake because I'm paranoid I'll drop it in, so no pictures for ya'll. Sunday, we slept in and then went to brunch. Gabe had a soccer game that afternoon, so I worked on my senior portfolio while he was gone. Yesterday, after Gabe left work, we went to buy a new comforter and get some boxes to start packing up the kitchen. (my least favorite part). After dinner, we were bored and trying to avoid packing so we went bowling! We were literally the only people there. It was so much fun though and very random. Today I'm just hanging out at the apartment putting off packing and working on my portfolio. It's so hot outside right now that I'm having a hard time getting myself to leave the apartment. Yesterday the heat index was 102! Ugh! Miserable. But I have tons of things on my to do list so I need to get motivated!
So I've pretty much given up on reading Heart of the Matter. It's too depressing. If you've read it, you know what I'm talking about.
Well, any tips on making this move easier? I wish I could just go away for a few days and come back to my new apartment with everything unpacked. I think I dread it so much because I hate chaos and things not being in their place. I'm a very organized person so it just kills me to have things messed up. Anyway, hope everyone is having a great day!
Friday, May 21, 2010
Do we know if anything happened to Bailey's boyfriend?
Will Chief Webber take over as acting Chief again while Derek is recovering?
Did Meredeth really have a miscarriage?
Will Christina and Owen work it out?
Lexie cannot choose Alex, she needs to be with Mark.
I think I may be way to involved in this show. But honestly ya'll, I have watched every single episode.
2. I spent Wednesday and Thursday in my home town relaxing and visiting my grandparents. It was heaven!
3. I had a facial Wednesday morning and it was absolutely amazing. I'm thinking that is going to have to become part of my beauty routine.
4. This weekend will be spent packing for the big move. We had some stress this week because we thought Gabe would have to go to Boston to meet with a client on the same day we were supposed to move. He has managed to get some things moved around so as far as we know he will be here on moving day.
5. I really really don't want to start summer school. I'm getting way to used to this whole summer break thing.
6. Less than a week until Sex and the City 2!!
Happy Friday ya'll!! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
I love this mascara! It seriously works just as well as the DiorShow and is half the cost. It has a very buildable formula that creates some serious volume and length. A few months ago I bought the DiorShow Extase mascara and hated it. So I went back to the original DiorShow. Then I realized that in one month I had spent over $50 on mascara and thought that was ridiculous. I am still in school after all and very unemployed. I would rather spend my money on things like shoes. :) So if you're in the market for a great, more affordable mascara I highly recommend this. It does have a weird brush that kind of freaked me out at first. But once you get passed that, it's wonderful.
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
My next book is Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin. I have LOVED her other four books so I'm pretty excited about this one. I've only read a few chapters so far but I think I won't be disappointed.
Sunday, May 16, 2010
1. My hair is now more brown than blonde. I love being a blonde but since I quit living in a tanning bed, the super blonde hair made me look washed out. I'm enjoying the more low maintenance color. And I think it makes my skin look better.
2. I never found a new dress to wear to Gabe's sis's graduation, so I wore the same dress I wore for Easter. It worked out just fine.
3. Gabe had a ton of extended family in town from Iowa (that's where his fam is originally from) so our weekend was spent visiting them.
4. I haven't had very much lay by the pool weather. I'm hoping mother nature delivers some this week for me. I only have until June 7th to enjoy my summer vacation.
5. We move to our new apartment next week!! Have I started packing? Of course not! I also haven't found any new bedding for the new king size bed yet either. Time to get this ball rolling!
6. I just found out one of my favorite new shows, Flash Forward, is getting cancelled :(
7. I love being a southern woman who appreciates big hair. I spent the weekend with a bunch of Midwestern women from Iowa, who were as sweet as can be and beautiful, but had very flat hair. And I think they wanted it that way! I believe everyone looks better when their hair has a little lift. :) But maybe that's just me.
8. I'm relieved that Gabe and I didn't book a trip to Gulf Shores this summer because who knows what the beaches will look like with this oil spill.
9. I bought a few new makeup items last week that I will be reviewing for yall in the days to come.
10. So I'm thinking of switching from a PC to a Mac. Any opinions on that? I'm so tired of all the problems I've been having with my computer lately. I would love to hear what ya'll use.
I hope everyone had a great weekend!
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Sadly my unemployed, college student bank account won't allow for them. *Sigh*
In other news:
1. I still haven't found a dress to wear to Gabe's sister's graduation on Friday. I'm starting to stress.
2. Residents of central Arkansas will be happy to know that it's rumored Little Rock is finally getting an Anthropologie. Oh please oh please let this be true! Location? The Promenade at Chanal...
3. I'm getting my hair done Thursday. I have no clue what I want. I've been in a hair rut for the past 6 months. So send any ideas my way! I'm trying to keep it long because I always regret cutting it short.
4. Terri Hatcher (Desperate Housewives) has launched her own lifestyle website called GetHatched--A Chick's Guide to Life. I'm still checking it out. But so far it seems to be a little (ok a lot) more down to earth than Gweneth Paltrow's GOOP.
That's it for me today. Hope ya'll are having a great Tuesday!
Monday, May 10, 2010
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
So during finals, I wasn't getting much sleep and looked pretty frightful at times. I managed to make myself at least look alive with the help of a few of my favorite things that I've blogged about before.
I love my Neutrogena eye brightener. It makes me look like I've gotten at least some sleep!
And of course Jergens Natural Glow. Everyone looks better with a bit of a tan. Even when they are sleep deprived and living in yoga pants and tshirts :)