Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Recent Drugstore Finds

So I'm one of those people who can't go into Target or Wal-Mart without buying 10 things that weren't on my list. I mean who doesn't need six different shampoos in their shower. Or three different types of toothpaste to choose from. My bathroom cabinets end up cluttered with half used bottles of different products. Anyway on a recent trip to Target I found John Frieda Root Awakening Shampoo and Conditioner for Normal Hair. Well of course I had to try it because it smelled good. :)

Here's what John Frieda's website had to say about it:


"Invigorates and feeds the roots with a fresh tingle for bouncy, shiny hair that's noticeably more radiant and resilient with every use.
With natural Eucalyptus and peppermint oil, this formula stimulates the scalp with a cool, tingling sensation. Massaging your scalp encourages circulation, which will wake-up healthier-looking new growth.
Gently cleans without stripping."


My verdict? LOVE. It smells wonderful and left my hair very full and soft. Didn't weight it down at all. The shampoo has a tingling sensation that is nice on those mornings when you can barely open your eyes. The conditioner is perfect for fine hair that needs some moisture buy doesn't need anything to heavy. And it costs about $6 for each. If you like Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo and Conditioner, this is a great alternative.

Next up is body wash from Johnson and Johnson. The bottles are HUGE! And cost under $5. I tried the Feeling Healthy Green Tea Body wash and it's also a LOVE! It's very creamy and moisturizing and it smells wonderful. I have nothing bad to say about this body wash. I look forward to trying the others in this line.


Have any of ya'll ever used either of these products? If so what did you think about them?

Anyway, I'm off to study for my Anatomy test that I have in the morning. Wish me luck because I certainly need it! Have a great afternoon!

6 comments:

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

Best of luck on your test! I'll be rooting for you!

I have the Lavender Johnson & Johnson's, it's nice. I have also been known to use their creamy baby wash....it smells so good!! :)

Anonymous said...

I got that shampoo recently, too! I wasn't quite out of my conditioner yet, so I just got the shampoo and loved it.

Hope your test goes well- study hard, lol! :o)

Anonymous said...

I do the same thing girl! Your finds sound great! Will for sure have to look for them next time I am at Wal-Mart. Hope your having a great day! xoxo

Same Sweet Girl: Memoir of a Southern Belle said...

I bought that shampoo not too long ago and I LOVE it too!!!! It makes my fine hair feel so much fuller! The only problem I have with it is that it fades my hair too quickly.

The Undomestic Mom said...

yay I love new products!!! and your blog :)

Jamie said...

I'm a new follower of your super cute blog :)

I use the J&J Melt Away Stress body wash and I love it!