Sunday, February 28, 2010

Is it Sunday afternoon already?!?!?

Why oh why do weekends go by so quickly?!?!? I mean the week leading up to it seems to drag by, but once you hit Friday night it goes by in a blur. Well as I mentioned in my Friday post I had to go get an x-ray of my foot to see if it's broken. There was good news and bad news. The good news is, it's not broken!!! Yay! The bad news? Years of cheerleading, dance, and 4 in. heels have led to some pretty ugly foot issues. My x-ray showed that I basically have worn down all the cartilage from my ankle through my foot. :( Even worse, it's not like cartilage just magically grows back, so it's permanent damage. So it looks like I'm going to have to start wearing flats a little more often. Oh well at least it gives me an excuse to shop! :) I'm trying to stay positive about the whole thing, but truth be told I'm really upset. I'm a very active person so my feet are important to me. I'm only 22, so it just seems insane that I'm dealing with a problem that most women don't deal with until they are MUCH older.

Saturday was definitely a better day though. Gabe and I got up and had brunch together at Starbucks. Yes all those breakfast sandwiches on their menu look delish, but I generally stick with the oatmeal and add the dried fruit. Especially if I'm splurging on a White Chocolate Mocha. After eating we drove around and looked at houses for about two hours. I have some interior design classes and my homework this weekend was to drive around and take pictures of 15 different styles of houses. It was alot of fun since we got to explore alot of the older neighborhoods that have some very interesting architecture. We grocery shopped in the afternoon and I studied for my upcoming Anatomy test. Saturday night we met some of Gabe's co workers at La Huerta for dinner and drinks and then went to watch Shutter Island. I have been dying to see this movie since I saw the first preview last summer. It lived up to its hype for me. It's one of those movies that you are literally in deep thought the entire time just trying to figure out what the heck is going on! It's definitely a movie I plan on buying when it comes out on DVD.

Today we got up pretty early and made breakfast together. After that I cleaned and caught up on our piled up laundry. I don't understand how two people go through so many clothes in just a week. It's beyond me. Since the weather is FINALLY starting to get nice, we went for a run and it was AMAZING! I have been dying to get out of the house for some sun and fresh air so today was much needed. Now Gabe's gone to play soccer with his co workers and I'm about to start studying for my Nutrition test I have tomorrow. I love this Nutrition class I'm taking this semester because it's centered around contemporary issues so we study supplements, popular fad diets, and the growing obesity epidemic. I wish nutrition courses were grouped in with gen eds because I really think that everyone could benefit from being a little more educated in this area.

Anyway, I hope everyone else had a lovely weekend!

No comments: