Tuesday, March 30, 2010

New Beauty Loot

So while I was in Dallas I picked up a few new makeup items. I had run out of my face makeup the day we got there so that called for an emergency trip to Sephora. This actually turned into a bigger dilemma because I thought I would visit the beauty counters at Nordstrom first just to do things a little differently. Ugh! Needless to say the girl working at the Nars counter must have been color blind. She kept trying to put foundation on me that was waaaay to light. I had also told her that I don't wear liquid foundation, but she kept trying to sell it to me. So I left to go to Sephora so I could pick up what I wanted. Well while walking there, I stopped in at the Body Shop. Then I stumbled upon their makeup and found exactly what I was looking for. I wear mineral powder foundation because liquid feels to heavy on my skin in the Arkansas humidity. The Nature's Minerals foundation is awesome! It's has a light to medium buildable coverage that isn't cakey at all. It also had a good range of colors to chose from. And it was only $25 for a very nice sized container. I love it! The only problem... we don't have The Body Shop in central Arkansas so I guess I will have to order it on line every time I run out.

When I did finally make it to Sephora, I just had to pick up the HD Microfinishing powder from Make Up Forever. I have been hearing about this amazing translucent powder for awhile now. And let me tell you, it works! It gives your skin a sort of soft finish and basically made my pores invisible. I don't have to use as much foundation when I use this. And honestly during the super hot months I will probably just wear a bit of concealer with this on top. It gets a 10 out of 10 in my book.
And last but not least, I grabbed the DiorShow Extase Mascara. I've used the classic DiorShow on and off for the past few years. I've always like it and was wanting to try this. I like it and it makes my lashes look unbelievably long, but, my eyes have been itching a little since wearing it. It could just be my spring allergies so I'm not going to write it off yet. The classic never bothered my sensitive eyes so I wouldn't think this would either. I'll let ya'll know what the final verdict is soon.


Hopefully I'll get some pictures up soon of the clothes and shoes I got on my shopping trip. I've been a little lazy since we've been home.
I hope everyone is having a great week! We are having some absolutely gorgeous weather here. The highs are supposed to be in the 80s the next few days! That definitely makes me happy :)

2 comments:

Ashley said...

CUTE BLOG!!

Jenn said...

I am a make-up lover! You have to let me know if that foundation works. I switch back and forth between MAC liquid foundation and Bare Minerals foundation. So far I like, but I also like coverage without having my make-up feel heavy! And DiorShow mascara is the best!