Thursday, March 11, 2010

In like a lion...

So we had a pretty wild night last night here in central Arkansas. Around here it's true what they say about March, "In like a lion, out like a lamb". We were pounded with thunderstorms and a few tornados starting around 6:00 last night. Gabe and I were trying to make dinner in a tornado warning while also tracking storms that were all heading towards places our families live. We all managed to stay safe but a tornado hit right outside my hometown of Searcy in the tiny town of Center Hill. My great grandparents lived in Center Hill when they were still alive and we found out today the house they had lived in for many years was damaged. I have so many great memories from this house. I wish I had a picture of it before the tornado but all I have is a picture taken this morning by my grandparents:



So this post is a tribute to my Grandmom and DeeDad and the wonderful memories from this old house. Those summer afternoons sitting on the swing, playing with my cousin Kate and climbing on the roof of the old carport, visiting the horses across the road :), the jelly bean jar, Christmas day with the whole family there... the memories go on and on.
I hope there aren't too many more nights like this anytime soon. I'm absolutely terrified of tornados. I think it come from an incident when I was in 6th grade.

Anyway sorry to stray from my usual types of posts. I was feeling nostalgic today. I'll be back to my usual self tomorrow.

No comments: