Friday, April 27, 2012

My Summertime Daily Make-up Essentials

TGIF!!! It seems like it took for-ev-er for the end of this week to get here. Blah! Anyway, today I wanted to share with you my summertime daily make-up essentials. I have a very low maintenance face (or at least I consider it to be) during the day in the warmer months. I just don't like to walk around all day with a full face on when it's 100 + degrees out.



  1. Dior DiorSkin Nude Skin Perfecting Hydrating Concealer- This is an amazing everyday concealer. It's great for under eye circles and doesn't dry my skin out. I wear shade 002 Beige. 
  2. Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream- I wrote about this B.B. cream a couple of weeks ago in my foundation review post. I can already tell you that this will be my bff this summer. Love the glow it gives me and it's so light weight. I get a lot of compliments on my skin when I wear this. 
  3. Benefit Ooh la lift - this is a great, subtle eye brightening product. I use this before I put any makeup on and then kind of use it to highlight after I use concealer and B.B cream. It also has a cooling effect under your eyes so it feels good going on in the morning. 
  4. Anastasia Brow Powder Duo- I have to fill in my eyebrows daily. It's a non- negotiable. I look weird if I don't. I use this in the medium ash/ medium brown. 
  5. Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes- I love this pencil eyeliner to define my eyes during the day. It stays put and goes on so smoothly. 
  6. NARS blush in Orgasm- Love this peachy-pink blush. It's so flattering and looks especially great with summer bronzed skin! 
  7. Eye lash curler- I HAVE to curl my eye lashes every day. It just makes me look more awake. I never skip this step. 
  8. NARS bronzer in Laguna- Such a pretty bronzer. Not too much shimmer and very natural looking. 
You may notice mascara missing. Well, I have been able to give up wearing mascara daily because I have started having my eyelashes tinted. Best thing I ever did. My poor lashes were so light before and I always had to wear mascara. Now I can skip that step every morning. I do still wear mascara for nights out, when I want to up the drama for my make-up. I'm thinking the tinted lashes will be really nice for beach and lake days this summer. No more waterproof mascara!!! 

3 comments:

Mrs Independent said...

I use 2, 7, and 8 on a daily basis! Looks like you're all set for the warmer weather :)

Jamie

Anonymous said...

When you get your lashes tinted, is it just the color, does it make them longer as well (like extensions)? My lashes are SO SHORT and not very thick, so I ALWYAYS wear mascara, but it would be nice to be able to go without it during the summer.

Anonymous said...

When you get your lashes tinted, is it just the color, does it make them longer as well (like extensions)? My lashes are SO SHORT and not very thick, so I ALWYAYS wear mascara, but it would be nice to be able to go without it during the summer.