Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Lets Talk About Biscuits and Chocolate Gravy....




Growing up in the South,biscuits and chocolate gravy were (and still are) a staple at breakfast. Especially at my Nonnies house. I honestly never knew it was a Southern thing until I met my husband. (his family is from Iowa) Gabe thought I was crazy the first time I made it for him! It quickly became one of his favorite breakfasts though. Lately, I have seen a couple of recipes floating around on Pinterest. Well, today, I'm going to share my Nonnie's chocolate gravy recipe with you. This is the one that I grew up with. You can make it on the stove or in the microwave. Whatever tickles your fancy.


You need:
1 c sugar
1 T flour
3 T cocoa
1 c milk
2 T butter
1 t vanilla

Mix sugar, flour, and cocoa. Stir in milk. Cook in microwave or on stove until thickend. Add butter and vanilla. Serve over hot, buttered biscuits. Enjoy!

*To be honest I make my biscuits using Bisquick. Don't judge!*

So tell me, did any of ya'll grow up eating biscuits and chocolate gravy? If so, share your recipe!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looks SO, SO good!! I've never heard of it though. I'm definitely going to make it! Haha, who doesnt like chocolate, and for breakfast at that!!

Thanks!

Lauren

http://www.laurensweetnothings.blogspot.com/