Sunday, May 15, 2011

May Sephora Purchases

Hey ya'll! I had planned to write this last week, but of course blogger went down. And then it was the weekend so this got put off. Anyway I wanted to share with ya'll some of the products I've bought recently from Sephora. I was in a funk a couple of weeks ago so I stopped in Sephora to pick up a few things to boost my mood.

1.
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer
I decided to finally buy in to the hype and try out Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. I have always heard such great things about this product, I just had to try it for myself. One thing I love about Sephora is the deluxe travel size products by the check out line. I think it's a good way to try out new products without committing to the full price tag. So that's what I did with this product and I can tell you that I will definitely be buying the full size of this product! I love it. It's very moisturizing, has a great sheer coverage, and doesn't have a strong smell. (a major pet peeve of mine!) It also has an SPF of 20. I bought this product in Sand and it was perfect for me. I can't say enough good things about this tinted moisturizer. I guess the best way to sum it up would be to say it's not too much and it's not too little. It's the perfect balance of lightweight coverage and moisturizer.

2. 
Living Proof Full Thickening Mousse
So I have blogged about my love of Living Proof Full Thickening Cream a few times on here. I decided to try out the mousse and to be honest I think I like it better than the cream. It gave my hair a little more body and didn't make it so sleek. I think this is ideal for when I curl my hair with the curling iron or hot rollers and the cream is more for my straight hair days. I love both products and I think they are both great buys. The mousse just gives me a little more hold when I style my hair. I highly recommend this product if you have fine, thin hair. It doesn't weigh hair down at all! Love it! Sephora also has this in a deluxe travel size so you can give it a test run before committing to a full size product.

3.
Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster


What Sephora say's about it:
"A high-potency vitamin C complex that prevents and corrects signs of aging while promoting brightness.
What it is formulated to do:
This amazing ten-percent vitamin C skin booster and antiaging treatment firms and smoothes, delivering more radiant skin. The weightless, fast-absorbing, oil-free formula penetrates to deep layers of the skin, offering instant and long-term hydration, nourishment, and antioxidant protection against environmental aggressors."
I have been using this for two weeks now. Probably not enough time to tell long term benefits, but I have seen some great short term results! My skin is noticeably brighter and smoother. I am seeing less redness and also a boost in hydration. I only use this at night before my usual night cream. I really like it so far. I'm interested to see what it does for me in the future. Only time will tell! By the way it has a marvelous scent! Like fresh oranges. I'm usually weird about products with a heavier scent but this doesn't irritate me at all.

4.
Bliss Fabulous Every Day Eye Cream

I don't need much out of an eye cream. At 23 I really just need hydration. This is a lightweight cream that has antioxidants to protect and micronized eye-illuminating powders to help brighten. I have never been disappointed by Bliss products and this is no exception. It delivers all day and all night moisture to my eye area and no irritation to my sensitive eye. I recommend this for any 20 something just looking for something to moisturize.


5. I also stocked up on a few of my standby products:

  • Nars Blush in Orgasm
  • DiorShow Mascara



  • Lancome BI-FACIL Double Action Eye Makeup Remover

  • Make Up For Ever HD Elixer



Told you it was a lot! Thank goodness I had a gift card to put towards my shopping spree!
Hope you all had a good weekend! We were super busy with dinner with my parents Friday night, a wedding Saturday night, and I attended a bridal shower for my cousin today. Needless to say, I'm exhausted! I'm definitely going to bed as soon as Real Housewives are over tonight :)

All images via Sephora website




1 comment:

Scientific Housewife said...

Wow, great purchases! I want to try that tint, I love Laura Mercier!