Monday, January 17, 2011

Weekend re-cap: Off to the races!

Happy Monday! How was everyone's weekend? Ours was good! We spent Friday night at home catching up on some TV shows and going to bed early. Saturday we went to the horse races with some friends. It was opening weekend at Oaklawn  so of course it was absolutely packed. We spent the day eating, having a few drinks, and trying to win some money. So much fun!

Me and Gabe waiting for a race to start

Waiting to check out the horses in between races

My winning horse :)

After the last race of the day. And thankfully the only time we went outside that day. It was cold!!

After the races we had dinner in Little Rock at Bravo with friends.
Sunday we were lazy all day. I did manage to get a workout in and then we went to the movies to see Black Swan
Um, crazy! I'm still on the fence if I liked this movie or not.
Today, Gabe and I both had the day off work for MLK so we had breakfast at Panera and then did some grocery shopping. The rest of my day has been filled with cleaning the apartment, doing laundry, and working out. Anyway, no news on the career front for me :( I'm still substitute teaching in the mean time so I'm not totally bored out of my mind.
Hope everyone has a good week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear you about being bored while waiting for teaching positions! :)

Sounds like a fun day at the track!