Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Product Review- Ole Henriksen Pure Perfection

Hello darlings! I'm hanging out in Jamaica today, but I had to tell ya'll about this night cream I've been dying to review.
Ole Henrikson Pure Perfection
This is a super rich night cream that's packed with:
-Lemon and orange extract: A cell proliferating, astringent.
-Glycolic and lactic acid: Exfoliates, diminishes lines and wrinkles.
-Vitamin C: Heals, stimulates collagen production.
-Beta carotene: Protects skin from damage caused by sunlight.(source: sephora.com)

I started using this a few weeks ago. With this wedding coming up, I've been obsessed with making sure my skin looks better than ever on the big day. This cream feels a little greasy and a little goes a long way. I only use this a few time a week. (on the other nights I still use Clinique Super Rescue Antioxidant Night Cream)
When I do use this, I also dab some under my eyes. (as recommended) I really like this product, but it's pretty powerful. I used it 3 nights in a row and on the third morning woke up to red skin. It calmed down after a few hours and I just learned to never use it more than 2 nights in a row.
I have noticed a smoother appearance in my skin. Also a lightening in my sun spots. I know that there is no such thing as a miracle in a jar, but I like to think that my preventative measures will pay off in the long run. I recommend this product IF you are looking for something a little more powerful than your usual night cream. Always wear sunscreen when using a product with glycolic acid and remember that glycolic acid products should not be used at the same time as products containing retinol. Cost: $48 at Sephora

1 comment:

Mara said...

I enjoy reading your blog weekly. You are about 7 years younger than me, but I really enjoy reading your posts. I have two young babies and don't have time to style & look for things, but you blog has helped me out a few times. I got a pedicure the other day and I got the new color you suggested. She said it was very popular!! So, I just wanted to say thanks for sharing. You really do a good job at keeping your blog interesting and your little brother comment made me lol!