Friday, July 22, 2011

Where Do You Shop?



Ok, so I have gotten a few emails from bloggers and questions from my friends about where I like to shop. So I decided to make a little shopping guide for my closet must haves:

For T-shirts: I love Forever 21 for my basic T's. They have some of the softest T-shirts ever and they run about $3.50/ea which means you can stock up and then not feel bad when your ready to get rid of it. I usually  replace my white v-necks every season because you don't want your T's to look dingy.

For Jeans: I invest in good jeans because I wear them all the time and I really think you can tell the difference in fit with a good, quality jean. My favorite brands are Seven for All Mankind, J Brand, and Citizens of Humanity. These fit my frame the best. I prefer dark wash jeans and I like to have a couple of pairs of skinny jeans and boot cuts always on hand. I also keep a pair of trouser jeans and a nice wide leg style always in my closet.

For Dress's:Fun going out dresses usually come from boutiques for me. Victoria Secret and Forever 21 are a gold mine for day time cotton dresses. Formal dresses are usually from BCBG. I have never paid full price for a BCBG dress. Dillards always has a pretty good sale on them and I've found most of mine for at least 50% off.  Work appropriate dresses usually come from Ann Taylor or Banana Republic.

For All Of My Work Clothes: Invest in at least one good suit. Go for a timeless style in a neutral color like black or gray. My really nice suit is from Dillard's and I love it. I wear the pants that go with that suit more than any of my other dress pants. My other suits and pants are from The Limited. I usually have to have all of my dress pants tailored and it's well worth it. I told you in the above that I get dresses from Ann Taylor or Banana Republic. All of these stores I've mentioned in this section are also great for finding work appropriate tops. I did invest in a Diane Von Furstenberg wrap dress that I love! If you can afford to get a great piece from her I highly recommend it! Go for something you can wear a lot like a solid color wrap dress.

Fun Clothes: Trendy, fun items usually come from H&M, Forever 21, Dillards, and local boutiques. I don't spend a ton of money on shirts. I know that most likely I won't wear it but a few times so why spend a lot of money?



For Handbags: This is another area I think it's appropriate to invest in. Fine leather goods will last you years and can be timeless. I only have three handbags. My Louis Vuitton Speedy 35, my Kate Spade Goldcoast Maryanne in black, and a tan leather tote from a small leather shop in Italy (no designer). I tend to cheap out on clutches and will find great options at Forever 21 and Express. I do have a vintage clutch from my Great Grandmother that is to die for. I only get that out on very special occasions though.

For Shoes: I am a shoe fanatic. Love love love them! I get a lot of my shoes from Dillards. They have a great shoe department and my favorite brand there is Gianni Bini. Michael Kors also makes great shoes for both his MICHAEL Michael Kors and KORS Michael Kors. (Both are different price points but each have great styles and quality) I believe every girl needs at least on pair of Tory Burch Reva's. Ralph Lauren makes great pumps for work that have wonderful quality and are quite comfortable. My best advice for shoes if you are on a budget is to hit up DSW. I always find great deals there. I do have a killer pair of Christian Louboutins that were a gift to me from my lovely husband when I graduated college. They are gorgeous but OMG so uncomfortable. But, I think every woman needs a pair of totally outrageous, not at all practical, makes you feel like a supermodel shoes.

For Swimsuits: Victoria Secret all the way! And Target of course! :)

Workout Gear: Target has a great selection of workout clothes and I swear by Old Navy yoga pants. I love Nike Dry Fit tops and running shorts. I have never been able to bring myself to spend a ton of money on work out clothes. The stuff at Lulu Lemon always look so cute, but the prices make me gag. All I can think is that that money could go towards jeans or shoes :)

Jewelry: Most items are from Forever 21 and Charming Charlies. (so inexpensive and fun!) Sometimes I'll hit up  Dillards and Target for some good deals. And of course I love Tiffany and Co. for some special items like my key necklace and my heart bracelet - very Elle Woods. :)




I don't think you have to spend a ton of money to have a great wardrobe. Just know what you personally need to invest in and what you can skimp on. I know that I love to spend money on jeans, but my shirt is most likely under $20. It's what works for me. I look for sales on trendy items and I invest in classic timeless items. But no matter what, just do what makes you comfortable.

So there you have it ladies and gents! So now you tell me, where do you like to shop? Do you believe in investing in clothing items?

Have a great weekend!!

Look out for the next edition of Drugstore Beauty on Monday!

No comments: