Tuesday, November 16, 2010

All About Hair (Products)!

I usually don't talk about hair products on here. I don't know why, because I have a ton of them taking over my bathroom cabinet. So, I've decided to dedicate today's post to my favorite hair products! These aren't really product reviews, these are the things I use daily and love and of course recommend.

First up favorite shampoo and conditioners:
Bumble and Bumble Seaweed shampoo and conditioner. I love this duo.
"A mild, moisturizing, daily shampoo with marine extracts that feed roots, add shine and keep scalps happy."- Bumble and Bumble website.
It seriously does it all. Cleans my hair, moisturizes, and adds body and shine. To me, that's hard to find. A lot of shampoos and conditioners that moisturize leave a weird film in my hair and it never feels clean. Not a problem with these products. It also gets my hair really clean without stripping it. I would buy this by the gallon if possible. It has the salon price tag, but so worth it.

I also love Aveda products. In heaviest rotation is the Shampure Shampoo and Conditioner
"Our pure, gentle daily shampoo—with MorikueTM protein—cleanses and fortifies any type of hair. Infusing it with one of Aveda's original aromas: a calming mix of 25 pure flower and plant essences.
Soothing aroma
For all hair types"- Aveda website
This is a good basic shampoo and conditioner. It does its job, cleans and moisturizes. And it leaves my hair soft and manageable. Not to mention the scent is amazing!

Next up, styling products:

Living Proof Full Thickening Cream is amazing!
I just started using this a few weeks ago and I am obsessed. It's not a root lifter, you apply in all over, and it literally fattens up your hair. The results last until you wash your hair. I have thin, fine hair and most "volumizing" product just weigh my hair down even more. This is seriously one of the only things that works for me. So glad I found it. And it smells divine!

I also love  Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray.
I have used this for years. And you can't beat the price. Love.

Favorite Deep Conditioner:
Garnier 3 Minute Undo Dryness Reversal Treatment
The best. Hands down. I used to use Aveda dry remedy but this is so much better. Not to mention CHEAP! I slather this on once a week for 3 minutes. It literally transforms my highlighted hair. I usually let my hair air dry after using this because I don't see the point in using a repair treatment and then heat styling. Sometimes if I've been really rough on my hair, I put this on while my hair is dry and let it sit for 20 minutes then rinse, shampoo, and use a little of my regular conditioner.

And the best hairspray, Freeze It
I think this stuff runs about $3.00 a can. It's amazing. It's the best for "poofing" your hair. And it holds all. day. long. This was a staple for cheerleading. I would go through a can every week and a half back in the day. It kept the half up poof perfect for the entire length of a college football game. But don't get the Mega Freeze, just get the original. The Mega Freeze is to sticky in my opinion.

So there you have my favorite hair products. I have more that I will have to do in another post. We still haven't talked hair dryers, flat irons, and brushes yet.

So what are your favorite hair products? I love hearing what others are using!
Gabe left for Vegas this morning for "work". I'm meeting him out there Friday and I can't wait! I'm getting to do some special graduation present shopping while we're there! Have a good Tuesday ya'll!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I love Aveda shampoo! I use Rosemary Mint and it smells SO good :) My hubby actually uses shampure and loves it!

Leslie @ A Blonde Ambition said...

Oh I love hair products (and this post!!)

I love the entire Living Proof line from Sephora...it smells great and makes my hair feel so soft.

Have fun in Vegas girlie!