Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Snowed In... Again + Winter hair and skin help

Oh my goodness we are snowed yet again! Since I last posted last Wednesday, we have had THREE different snow storms. Three. Today's was the biggest. We got about 8 in. of snow throughout the day. I know for some of you that is nothing, but we're not used to this kind of weather in Arkansas. But there is relief in sight, the 10 day forecast is showing mid 60s and sunny all next week! Anyway, this crazy cold weather has wreaked havoc on my skin and hair. All winter, I have been snatching up different products to try and fix the damage that the cold temps and dry air are doing.

First Problem: Dry, dull looking hair
The Fix: Organix Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil Renewing Treatment
This deep conditioning treatment contains argan oil, antioxidants, and vitamin E to moisturize your hair and keep it looking healthy and shiny. I love it. I slather this stuff on like 4 times a week. I usually leave it on for 3 or 4 minutes in the shower, but sometimes, if I've been particularly harsh on my hair I'll put it on my hair while it's dry. I'll sit with it on for 30 minutes or so, then rinse and shampoo as usual. I like this product because while it does the job at moisturizing my hair, it doesn't leave me feeling greasy like some deep conditioning treatments. And the best part? It's CHEAP! Like under $6.00 cheap. Always a win in my book.

Problem #2: My dull, dry skin has my makeup looking flat
The Fix: Boots No7 Instant Radiance Beauty Balm
 This is basically just a "booster" I put on over my usual daytime moisturizer. It has light diffusing particles to give skin a glow. It also contains almond oil to help boost skins moisture level. It has made all the difference in the world with how my makeup looks this winter. The lotion is very light and silky so I don't feel like I have too much stuff on my face. So now my morning routine goes like this: cleanse, moisturizer, eye cream, beauty balm, then makeup. Sometimes I'll dab some on my cheekbones and around my eyes after I have all of my makeup on to get a little extra glow. It comes in a 1 oz bottle with a pump top. (which I love) And a little goes a LONG way with this. One bottle lasted me 3 months. It costs about $15 at Target.

Problem # 3: Dry patches on my face no matter how much I exfoliate and moisturize.
The fix: Burt's Bee's Naturally Ageless Intensive Repair Serum
Sometimes no matter what I do, my skin is just DRY! I found this serum back in December at Walgreens. I was surprised when I opened the box when I got home and discovered it's actually an oil. At first I was thinking oh great I just wasted $25 on something I'm not going to use. But that night I just went for it, applying it to my cheeks, under eye area, and neck before putting on my night cream. Then I went to bed and prayed I didn't wake up with a horrible breakout or something equally as horrifying. I was pleasantly surprised the next day when my skin was still feeling moisturized and felt so unbelievably smooth. I only use this a few nights a week when my skin feels like it needs a little extra TLC. Since I've been applying it around my eyes, I've noticed that my sun damage has diminished a little and the sensitive skin around my eyes has an improved moisture barrier, even when I don't have the product on. Pomegranate extract is what makes this oil such a miracle worker. It's a little pricey, but the bottle lasts forever. I highly recommend this to anyone who suffers from dry skin issues like me. It also does wonders for dry elbows!

Sorry for rambling on! Sometimes it's hard for me to get my point across in a few sentences about products I love. Just a reminder, I'm not paid for any product reviews. I spend my own money and give you my honest, unbiased opinion. :)

Hope everyone is having a great week!

1 comment:

Scientific Housewife said...

I'll have to try that hair stuff! The Pantene kind works well too :)